- Churchill; Winston (1874-1965)[more]British politician. Became a Conservative MP in 1900 and held the offices of President of the Board of Trade, Home Secretary, First Lord of the Admiralty, Chancellor of the Exchequer eventually becoming Prime Minister from 1940-1945 and from 1951-1955. A noted statesman and orator, he was also an officer in the British Army, an historian, writer and artist.
- Baldwin; Stanley Baldwin (1867-1947); Earl [Bewdley, Earl Baldwin of]
- Chamberlain; Austen (1863-1937); Sir[more]Liberal Unionist - Conservative politician.
Civil Lord of the Admiralty 1895-1900
Financial Secretary to the Treasury 1900-1902
Postmaster General 1902-1903
Chancellor of the Exchequer 1903-1905
Secretary of State for India 1915-1917
Member of the War Cabinet 1918
Chancellor of the Exchequer 1919-1921
Lord Privy Seal 1921-1922
Conservative Leader in the Commons 1921-1922
Leader of the Conservative Party 1921-1922
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs 1924-1929
First Lord of the Admiralty 1931
- MacDonald; James Ramsay (1866-1937)
- Thomas; James Henry (1874-1949) [Thomas, J.H.] [Thomas, Jim]
- Maxton; James (1885-1946)
- Snowden; Philip Snowden (1864-1937); Viscount
- Mond; Alfred Moritz (1868-1930); Sir [Melchett, Lord, 1868-1930]
- Lansbury; George (1859-1940)
- Brentford; William Joynson-Hicks (1865-1932); Viscount [Hicks, William Joynson, Sir] [Jix]
- Saklatvala; Shapurji (1874-1936)
- Lloyd George; David (1863-1945) [George, David Lloyd]
Archival reference number
Copyright contact details
Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT email@example.com
Scene in Parliament! Grave disorder!
Be not perturbed, gentle reader. The traditions of "the finest club in Europe" are in safe keeping. Come behind the scenes.
Everybody knows that on the quiet Stanley and Ramsay are the best of pals.
Winston and Snowden are quite nice to one another in the billiard -room.
In one corner of the smoking-room one may see George Lansbury and Sir Alf Mond playing tiddlywinks.
In another, Jim Thomas retailing [sic] that one about "There was a young man of Boulogne" to a select audience.
In yet another, Jix and Saklatvala planning a fishing trip together.
The more I go to that home for aged male flappers, the more I want my income tax back
27 x 44cm