World War Two - Hitler
Hitler related cartoons
Cartoon item: GAP2076
- Hitler; Adolf (1889-1945)[more]Born in Austria. Politician and leader of the National Socialist German Workers Party (Nazi Party). He served as German chancellor from 1933-1945 and head of state (Fuhrer) from 1934-1945. He established a single-party dictatorship based on the totalitarian and autocratic ideals of national socialism. He gained support for his views on German nationalism, anti-Semitism, anti-capitalism and anti-communism through his impassioned speeches and propaganda. He wanted to establish a New Order of absolute rule in Europe and pursued a policy of seizing land by force for the Aryan people.
- Goebbels; Josef (1897-1945)[more]German politician. Minister of Propaganda from 1933-45. Known for his zealous speeches and anti-Semitism. Chief architect of the Kristallnacht attack on German Jews considered to be the first manifestation of the Nazi violence culminating in the Holocaust.
- Ribbentrop; Joachim von (1893-1946)
- Himmler; Heinrich (1900-1945)
People referred to
- Churchill; Winston (1874-1965)[more]British politician. Became a Conservative MP in 1900 and held the offices of President of the Board of Trade, Home Secretary, First Lord of the Admiralty, Chancellor of the Exchequer eventually becoming Prime Minister from 1940-1945 and from 1951-1955. A noted statesman and orator, he was also an officer in the British Army, an historian, writer and artist.
Archival reference number